Monday 27 August 2007

Fantasy US Open

This was the toughest draw I've had to battle with this year, with the second half of the men's causing me much distress, as did all of the women's, especially the third quarter. Why do most of the players you want to choose always end up in the same part of the draw? I was also tempted to say 'sod it' and pick both Wiliams sisters, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it, even though it's means I'm likely to I lose my last opportunity for a win this year.


So, here are my picks. If anyone else would like to offer up their choice the rules for choosing are here and the draws can be found here .

Henin, Chakvetadze, Dementieva, Hingis, Kirilenko

Federer, Blake, Ljubicic, Hewitt, Fish

Tursunov was calling out to picked, just because it's my last chance for Henman killing points - if only he hadn't been so near Nadal I would've had him in my team him for old time's sakes! Ooh, and I'm worrying about Dementieva already, I always do and then swear I'll never pick her again, will I ever learn? And there were so many choices for unseeded players this time I wonder if I've chosen wisely, too late of course. I shall just have to wait and see. Roll on the US Open!

No comments: