Friday 29 June 2007

What court is this?

I'm currently avoiding comment on play at Wimbledon as I lost two of my players yesterday, Safina and Mirza, and I prefer to sulk! (Although Henman went out too - every cloud has a silver lining.)

However, I got the last of my birthday cards yesterday and found this excellent one waiting for me at the bar where we collect our post, thanks to Tortoiseshell and K.




Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what court it is? After careful study I've decided to plump for court 13. It could be court two but I think it's that fake grass wall at the end of court 13 that's pictured and not the big plastic/metal (?) one on court two. I can't remember what side the umpires sit on on either court so I could be wrong. I think the artists has been very generous to the female line-judges and put them in flattering skirts instead of those horrible billowy ones they make then wear - why not just give them trousers and have done with it?

3 comments:

lorenzothellama said...

Are you sure it is Wimbledon? It looks a bit like Macclesfield's Fallibroom High School to me.

Scaredy sends his regards to Graff, Evert and Ashe.

Tortoiseshell said...

Glad you liked the card! Am I on track for a fourth Wimbledon...? Sorry about Nalbandian today, but at least Dementieva went out too. Best match so far Safarova / Jankovic. Wish you werre here! K xx

Unknown said...

Would be nice to be there too, although I'd be in mood about Nalbandian. I may have to pin my hopes on the US now. It's just not my year!